Tuesday, January 03, 2006

 

Last year.....

The past......it is always behind you. You must determine how much weight you give the past to the present in front of you.....

My goal this year is to live more IN THE MOMENT. Not "in a few minutes", not "let me finish this first"....but here, NOW.

2005 In Review

JANUARY
1. Did you have a new year's resolution this year? Yeah, to finish unpacking boxes and learn my way around town
2. Who kissed you at midnight? Hubby and whichever kids were awake (Bethy and Carter I think)
3. Did it snow where you live? We might have got a dusting
4. Have you ever been to Times Square to watch the ball drop? nope

FEBRUARY
1. Who was your valentine? John and my kids
2. What did your valentine get you? Is it bad that I don’t remember?
3. When you were little, did you buy valentines for your whole class? yep

MARCH
1. Are you Irish? I think DH’s family is somewhere
2. Did you wear green on St. Patty's Day? of course, don’t wanna get pinched yannow!
3. What did you do for St. Patty's Day? nothing special, I think John was out of town

APRIL
1. Do you like the rain? I used to when we lived in Utah and it didn’t rain very often. Now here in Seattle, it’s getting pretty old
2. Did you play an April Fool's joke on anyone this year? I don’t think so
3. Did you get tons of candy on Easter? uh….yeah, it’s my favorite candy of the whole year!

MAY
1. What's your favorite kind of flower? I like just about everything, but spring flowers (daffodils and tulips) have a special place in my heart cuz it means winter’s nearly over and summer’s on its way!
2. Do you like the spring? yep – see above!
3. Finish the phrase "April showers bring..." May flowers and Mayflowers bring………Pilgrims of course!
4. What would you think of as a spring color? greens, pinks, yellows, purples……pastels

JUNE
1. What year did you graduate from school? High school? 1989. College? quit college in 1991 to have my first baby Grad school? uh not yet
2. Did you go on any vacations last June? nope, but John was gone that whole month!

JULY
1. What did you do on the 4th of July? went to downtown Bellevue to watch fireworks and was sad that we weren’t in Utah to be with DH’s sister like we’ve done every other year
2. Did you go on any vacations during this month? nope

AUGUST
1. Did you do anything special to end off your summer? I drove me and all four kids to Utah for a two week vacation without John. It was good to visit and really good to come home.
2. What was your favorite summer memory of '05? Having Kjersten stay with us and take care of me and the kids
3. Did you go swimming a lot in the summer? nope, and that made me sad
4. Did you go to the beach a lot? nope

SEPTEMBER
1. Did you attend school/college in '05? just going to ds’s 8th grade stuff and dd’s kindergarten stuff.
2. Who is/was your favorite teacher? I had lots of teachers that I liked……the one I’m still most in contact with is my sixth grade teacher, Miss Thorpe. I thought I’d hate her, but she was there for me during a hard time in my life.
3. Did you like fall better than summer? nope, cuz it means winter is not far behind

OCTOBER
1. What was your favorite halloween costume ever? I’m not sure I’ve ever had one…..maybe one of my princess dresses
2. What's your favorite candy? I have to pick one? I like almost everything chocolate!
3. What did you dress up like this year? a frazzled mother

NOVEMBER
1. Whose house did you go to for Thanksgiving? I had my sister and her family over to my house and I did all the cooking
2. Do you like stuffing? yep!
3. What are you thankful for? My family and my church

DECEMBER
1. Do you celebrate Christmas? Yes
2. Have you ever been kissed under mistletoe? I don’t think so
3. What do you want this year for Christmas? Time…….in my studio with no interruptions, not worrying about dishes or laundry or anything but me. Call me selfish!
4. What's the best present you ever got for Christmas? last year John got me a Nikon D70 which I dearly love….that and the diamond tennis bracelet he got the year before I think are tied.
5. Do you like cold weather? nope, it makes my body hurt!6. How would you rate your year on a scale of 1-10? maybe a six……working to make it a ten this year though!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?