Friday, August 05, 2005

 

I've got issues!

I had the greatest talk with my hubby last night. I've been thinking quite a bit about what I want out of scrapping.....I know I want to be published.....what else? Win HOF? yes. Teach in a LSS? not really. Write a book? maybe. I'm just not sure what direction I'm headed right now.

I do know that I want to be true to ME. Not copy someone else's designs. That's a biggie for me.

Sigh.....so much rambling today.......

Anyway, DH noted that all I seem to really produce is cards. When I started, I made LOTS of pages. Now I struggle just to get one out. He caught me at a great moment. I was honest with myself and with him. I told him how scared I was....that cards were easier - nobody cares if they're not perfect. But that I wanted each page I made to be a masterpiece. I'm terrified to fail. So I don't try. And with cards? For every one he sees I've thrown three away.

I've always been a bit of a perfectionist....but who is this scared little girl? It's just paper! I can always get more. I can get reprints of pictures. In 100 years, my great grandchildren won't care that my pages aren't balanced or have a visual triangle. They'll just be happy to have pictures of me and know what I did during my lifetime. They'll love that I shared our family stories. They'll know about *ME* and what was important in my life. What's important is spending time with my kids.....and my sweet hubby......and my art....no matter what it looks like.........

Comments:
Hi Carol,

I totally understand about not creating layouts because you want each and every one to be a masterpiece! When I first started scrapbooking, I got so many pages done because I wasn't worried about being published, I just enjoyed what I was doing! And now I don't make too many layouts cuz I worry about them being "perfect"! I say we girls get busy scrapping and forget about creating works of art :)

Jill (JillBilly)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?